12 Signs of Spiritual Awakening
1. You’re feeling confused – Confusion feel muddy and scary — almost paralysing. That confusion can be one of the signs of spiritual awakening. What if confusion is just your old way of life bumping up against new, more fulfilling possibilities? But to make the move, you’ll have to leave a few things behind. Listening offers up temporary turbulence. Resisting create more confusion. The way out? Stay open to the new, and relinquish your attachments to beliefs that no longer work.
2. You no longer ‘fit’ your life – Why did I choose this career? This partner? What did I ever see in that? Like confusion, feeling disconnected from your current life can be re-framed as one of the signs of spiritual awakening. Like confusion, your soul is calling out for change. The question is: are you listening? Change is scary. No one’s suggesting that you uproot yourself tomorrow. But as you notice what no longer fits, also notice what you’re drawn to, what lifts your heart. Then take action. Rinse and repeat.
3. You’re rebelling against where you came from – Who says you have to turn into your parents? If you’re questioning the rituals that you were born into, that’s great! Why? Because questioning is one of the signs of spiritual awakening. Because questioning will lead to new activities, rituals and a new dynamic in your relationships — including the possibility for a soul mate relationship if you want one. Be happy — you’re ready to come into your own! Keep the wonderful things your parents taught. Tweak the rest for you.
4. Your life feels ‘blocked’ – You’ve been seeking true love forever. Your health problems stump you. It feels as if everything you do is blocked. Sometimes, ‘blockages’ can be one of the signs of spiritual awakening. Sure, your situation might call for more external effort. Or — perhaps it’s a soul sign to turn inward and re-evaluate. What have you been resisting? What options have you ignored? If your decisions are consistently blocked: explore new ones. My hunch? That’s where your soul mate lies.
5. You think you’ve met a soul mate – Your life was moving along tickety boo. Then you meet, and all of a sudden you’re having feelings you’ve never had before. Are you crazy? Should you control it? Or give in with wild abandon? Re-frame! Perhaps this is a sign of spiritual awakening for you. You’ve been set alight. It’s time to ask big questions. Who are you? Are you happy? How do you wish to spend the rest of your life? With your needs buried, unmet? Or in a deeply intimate relationship with life – and potentially – awakening to soul love. Do soul mates exist?
6. You’re in a whopping mid-life crisis – Be honest. It’s been building up for years. The small tensions, irritations. You pushed them aside. Then all of a sudden, you’re at your tipping point and you become a flurry of anxiety and compulsion. You quit your job. Have an affair. Buy a motorcycle. The potential pearl is to take your new-found courage, and harness it, like a beautiful wild stallion. Your midlife awakening can be the best thing that ever happened: one of the signs of spiritual awakening… and a brand new way for you to experience life.
7. Your dreams are wildly intense – Sometimes, you wake up and it takes a while to return to reality. Perhaps a dream was prophetic. Perhaps you received a ‘download’ that helps you understand your life, a past life, or gives you a clue about a soul-mate. The dream realm is powerful. It’s where we can get in touch with our own and the collective unconscious. When dreams rise up, honor them. Truly, dreams are one of the signs of spiritual awakening.
8. You’ve had moments of psychic clarity – Maybe you don’t even believe in such things! Yet it wasn’t a woo-woo vision — more of a deep knowing. Psychic vision is simply our attunement to the realms which we cannot detect with our five senses, presenting possible and probable outcomes. An increase in psychic sensitivity is one of the signs of spiritual awakening. Embrace it. This vast knowledge is there to guide you… in life and yes — as you seek your soul mate.
9. You want to go ‘Home’ – Now it does not mean going home to spend the weekend with mum and dad. It means Home in a universal sense. As we’re all spiritual beings having a human experience, sometimes we miss our spiritual Home on the other side. This may also feel like an unexplained longing, or sadness. Our task is to integrate our spirituality on earth, so when we feel this way, it’s an opportunity to connect with our deeper selves. If this resonates for you, read about my experience.
10. Your neck, base of the skull and lower back hurts – Simply, this type of chronic body pain represents the cells of your body waking up to a new vibrational level. Our minds and spirit is more fluid than our bodies… which need support when we awaken. I’ve experienced these symptoms the most when I’ve have undertaken Reiki – 21 days cleansing, after which I feel stronger than ever.
11. You’ve experienced a loss – Whether you’ve lost a relationship, a soul mate, a job, or a home, loss rips us open, leaving us raw. When the shock subsides, we are faced with a choice. To sink further into despair — or view the loss as one of the signs of spiritual awakening (not easy, but with reward). If we decide to recover instead of resist, our life will become richer in time… and so will our ability to appreciate life and love in all of its forms.
12. You’ve encountered death – Perhaps you’ve faced your own mortality because of illness. Or that of a loved one. Perhaps you have been engulfed by the waves of grief. Regardless, you know you’ll never be the same. For some, grief marks the end of life. For others (in time), grief is a way in. One of the signs of spiritual awakening. A gateway to a new way. For bursting forth from the resonance of grief, incredible beauty and healing is possible. For Self, for others…down the block and maybe even around the world.